Diwali celebration Padur 2019
“The greatest significance of Diwali is to light up new, bright and colourful dreams, fresh hopes and undiscovered ways.”
The exhilaration and celebratory spirit that Diwali brings is unmatchable. To add to the festive fervour, students of Hindustan International School, Padur unfolded their creative abilities in a string of activities on 25 October 2019. Card Making and Diya Decoration competitions were organized for Students of
Grades 1 to 9.
The School Assembly commenced with a Presentation by students wherein they emphasized on the importance of celebrating ‘Eco friendly Diwali’and urged Students to be sensitive towards the environment. This was followed by a power packed dance performance by Senior students. A short poem on Diwali was also recited by Primary Students. The Assembly came to a closure with a dazzling dance performance.The activities on the dayhighlighted the festivity and cheer of the Diwali.
- Let’s celebrate Eco- friendly Diwali with homemade sweets, earthen diyas, handmade cards, gifts and limit usage of crackers. On this auspicious festival of lights, May the glow of joy, prosperity and happiness illuminate your life and your home.
- Decorate your houses with traditional lighting of earthen lamps or diyas instead of electric illumination. Electric illumination leads to enormous energy loss.
- Use Eco Friendly Crackers which are made up of recycled paper and the sound produced by them is under the decibel limit
- Follow the principle of 5 R’s of Nature conservation. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Refuse & Rethink.
- Remember :We have only one Earth. If not Earth : Where?: If not Now : When? : If not you : Who?
- Don’t forget to encourage others to celebrate an environmentally safe and secure Diwali.
Hindustan International School wishes all of you a very Happy & Safe Diwali.